guides research-driven organizations -- think tanks, research institutes, and science-rich NGOs, foundations & for-profits -- that understand their thought leadership's strategic potential, but fail to deliver on it.
You might think your thought leaders just don't write enough. Or tweet enough. Or need presentation training.
But if your organization lags in producing thought leadership, the problems run deeper than mere coaching -- everything from confusion about audience to misalignment with your goals.
You first need an objective, expert look at how thought leadership is and should work with your culture, strategy, messaging and systems.
Science+Story's ecosystem approach helps you create a durable culture and system of thought leadership inside your organization -- to deliver your expert insights to the right audiences & differentiate you from your competition.
Past and present clients include
Los Angeles 2028 Olympics: Sustainability & Legacy
World Wildlife Fund
University of Minnesota: Institute on the Environment
The Nature Conservancy
Consistent, high-value thought leadership content will drive your content marketing, fundraising, sales and brand awareness. Our ecosystem approach to developing thought leadership includes:
- A diagnostic assessment that shows what's holding your organization back from high-value, high-frequency thought leadership content;
- Several options for creating an optimized thought leadership program, tailored to your capacity and objectives;
- Positioning, brand-story and messaging for your thought leadership strategy; and
- Implementation assistance when appropriate.
We help researchers quickly and dramatically improve their presentations & presentation skills ahead of high-stakes talks to donors, managers, and peers.
The secret: Provide an individualized, non-templated co-development process that stresses a) strong narrative, b) understanding of the audience's identity and needs, and c) respect for the science & how to communicate it clearly.
Presentations typically go through as many as five or six revisions from first consultation to event. The process is intense -- but the impact is unmistakable.
For nearly 20 years, Bob Lalasz has delivered award-winning strategy & editorial for communicating science & ideas to scientists and groups such as:
- Los Angeles 2028 Olympics: Sustainability & Legacy
- World Wildlife Fund
- Arizona State University: Center for Biodiversity Outcomes
- University of Minnesota: Institute on Environment
- Society for Science & the Public
- The Earth Genome
- The Nature Conservancy
- UCLA: Institute of Environment and Sustainability
- The Breakthrough Institute
- The Natural Capital Project