guides think tanks and research-driven for-profits and NGOs to become thought leaders -- engines that quickly turn their research into high-value analysis and insight.
That kind of thought leadership gives these organizations -- and the decision-makers they serve -- differentiation and competitive advantage.
For fundraising. Sales. Marketing. Talent retention. And making change in the world.
How Do Research-Driven Organizations Become Thought Leaders?
Not by committee-written op-eds pitched a week after the news hook is over.
Not by funneling every speaking opportunity to the CEO.
Not by Twitter or “storytelling for scientists” trainings.
Thought-leading research-driven organizations have thought leadership programs.
Translate their research & expertise into high-value insights for decision-makers.
Deliver those research-based insights at speed -- to move conversations and catalyze action.
And use thought leadership to benefit the entire organization -- marketing, fundraising, partnerships, recruiting and retention, sales, and product and service development.
That’s an ecosystem approach to organizational thought leadership.
Taking this approach requires vision. Objectivity. And deep experience translating knowledge capital into strategic content.
My Insights on Researcher Thought Leadership
Past and Present Clients Include
Los Angeles 2028 Olympics: Sustainability & Legacy
World Wildlife Fund
Center for Global Development/Energy for Growth Hub
Natural History Museum of Los Angeles
Arizona State University: Future H2O
University of Minnesota: Institute on the Environment
The Nature Conservancy
Consistent, high-value thought leadership content will drive your content marketing, fundraising, sales and brand awareness. Our ecosystem approach to developing thought leadership includes:
- A diagnostic assessment that shows what's holding your organization back from high-value, high-frequency thought leadership content;
- Several options for creating an optimized thought leadership program, tailored to your capacity and objectives;
- Positioning, brand-story and messaging for your thought leadership strategy; and
- Implementation assistance when appropriate.
We help researchers quickly and dramatically improve their presentations & presentation skills ahead of high-stakes talks to donors, managers, and peers.
The secret: Provide an individualized, non-templated co-development process that stresses a) strong narrative, b) understanding of the audience's identity and needs, and c) respect for the science & how to communicate it clearly.
Presentations typically go through as many as five or six revisions from first consultation to event. The process is intense -- but the impact is unmistakable.
For nearly 20 years, Bob Lalasz has delivered award-winning strategy & editorial for communicating science & ideas to scientists and groups such as:
- Los Angeles 2028 Olympics: Sustainability & Legacy
- World Wildlife Fund
- Arizona State University: Center for Biodiversity Outcomes
- University of Minnesota: Institute on Environment
- Society for Science & the Public
- The Earth Genome
- The Nature Conservancy
- UCLA: Institute of Environment and Sustainability
- The Breakthrough Institute
- The Natural Capital Project